Who we are
The Variety Children’s Hospital
Variety Children's Hospital is part of King's College Hospital and specialises in paediatric care.
Here are some facts
- The hospital treats and cares for more than 40,000 sick children every year. Children from the local community and all over the world come to our hospital.
- Many are treated for critical and chronic diseases, and their treatment often requires multiple hospital admissions or long stays.
- The Children's Liver Unit is the largest in Europe, and the brain and spine unit treats more than 600 children every year.
- It is a leading centre for liver disease, neurosurgery, cystic fibrosis and sickle cell disease.
The hospital's ethos
- Having fun - the environment was created especially for children to make the experience of going to hospital less scary.
- Learning at the Variety - children don't miss out on essential education because they're taught in the hospital schoolroom or on their ward.
- Family accommodation - Variety offers families a place to stay on site in the knowledge of how stressful having one of your children in hospital can be.